Author Topic: Pick Ya Brain/Any Suggestions  (Read 2177 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: Pick Ya Brain/Any Suggestions
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2008, 11:45:18 AM »
197 !!!  OMG that is terrible

I know one shelter that has 300 on the waiting list. Mind you that was yesterday, it may well have gone up by now.

I myself am being asked daily to take in loads, it is just a nightmare.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 23:02:36 PM »
ooops, sorry RR I must have had 1 too many glasses of wine tonight with my chinese takeaway - read it properly now.  Feel sorry for this person as they clearly want to help the cat.  Hope someone comes up with a solution.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

MBll

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 22:44:50 PM »

Good luck and well done you for taking care of him - please be patient and look after him.  :hug:

Mary

I havni got this wee cat,  I have posted several contact numbers not all CPs  for the person as its her/his mums cat & they like others are full.  Its sspca for scotland not rspca lol & their as usefull as a fart in the wind.  Unless the cat is dumped at their gate they have a dont bother us attitude  ...its different if theres money involved

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 22:20:58 PM »
Aw that's awful - hope you manage to sort something soon - have you tried any other cat rehoming places other than Cats Protection?  How about RSPCA or maybe ask CP if they know anywhere else, or ask at your local vets if they know anyone/anywhere that can help.

Good luck and well done you for taking care of him - please be patient and look after him.  :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 21:41:15 PM »
Poor little soul.

All I can suggest is t provide the link to the cat cat page and get the owner to try all rescues in her area.  (Click on the map to find your area)  http://www.catchat.org/adoption/index.html
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 21:18:34 PM »
Poor lad - I hope a home is found for him soon.

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 20:52:33 PM »
197 !!!  OMG that is terrible

Sorry cant give any advice as at the other end of the country RR

MBll

Pick Ya Brain/Any Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 20:50:33 PM »
On another board theres someone posted this

My mum has a male cat, he's been spayed and all his jags up to date, but due to her ill health she can't look after him properly. I've called the cat protection but no one every answers the phone so Ive left voicemail but no one ever calls me back. Can anyone give me a bit of advice as to where I go from here?

I replied with several rescues numbers to give them a call & the reply is

Hi Just thought I would let you know, ive tried all the numbers for CP and they are saying they are full but will keep me on the list i'm number 197.. yes 197 ive been trying now for 3 weeks to get somehwere to take him to rehome him, he's been in my mum's flat now for 3 weeks on his own, ive been going up to fed him and change his litter tray but that is it. No wonder he is getting stressed. God knows where I go from here. HHEELLPPPP

This in glasgow area
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 21:04:34 PM by RatiesRule »

Link to CatChat