Author Topic: Swampy has a lump on his salivary gland  (Read 9001 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Swampy has a lump on his salivary gland
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 11:41:46 AM »
Hi Helen.

I'm surprised they haven't taken a biopsy. I had a lump on a saliva gland which they removed and sent off for biopsy. It turned out to be benign - I hope Swampy's is too  :hug:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
Re: Swampy has a lump on his salivary gland
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 11:33:48 AM »
Hi hun, I can't really offer any advice to be honest, except try not to worry.....I'm praying its not a tumour, and me and Max are sending over lots of healing vibes as I type.

:hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
Swampy has a lump on his salivary gland
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 11:29:44 AM »
I noticed Swampy had a small red lump on the side of his mouth last night when I went to put on his Pet Dent. Took him to the vet today as Swamp's only finished a course of tooth related antibiotics last week. The vet says the lump's in his salivary gland and that he is concerned as Swamp has just had antibiotics, which hopefully would have killed any infection, so I must be aware of the possibility that Swampy has a tumour of the saliva gland. We will know in a month because if it doesn't go away or gets bigger in that time frame, that's probably what it is. Apparently it's rare. It's totally untreatable so with him being at high risk from an anaesthetic, he doesn't want to do a biopsy either.
He says that if it's the tumour, it gets bigger and bigger over about 6 months and then that is it.
I know I must wait to see what happens, but I'm terribly upset.  Does anyone have any info to share on this please?
I know I can say this here as you will understand. I don't even want to go out and leave him alone right now. Please pray for him that it's not cancer.
purrs from me and my littlest one x

Link to CatChat