Author Topic: I'm getting an in/out board for Minnie  (Read 2716 times)

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
Re: I'm getting an in/out board for Minnie
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2007, 17:06:54 PM »
Right, we DEFINITELY need that in/out board, things have got ridiculous  :rofl:  Minnie asked to go out before I left for work this morning, which she does occassionally, and she knows it means she'll be out until I get home.  She always gets bored long before I finish work and is on the doorstep when I get back.  Got back tonight and she wasn't on the step, so I called and she didn't come.  Bit worried now, as it's going dark and the fact that she's blind is always a worry to me.  I walked down to the other end of the estate and called her - no sign.  Bumped into my neighbour and asked if she'd seen Minnie.  She said she thought she saw Minnie in my kitchen window earlier.  I said that was impossible, there's no cat flap so she can't get into the house when I'm not there, and perhaps it was Bella she saw.  Went into the house - there's Minnie, on the bed  :Crazy:  Found note from OH - "Popped back at lunchtime to pick up tools, let myself in, hope you don't mind.  Let Minnie in too."  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2007, 15:49:11 PM »
Kocka hated vets and has had me searchin high and low for her.

Even when I knew she was in I couldnt find her!

One time I had the falp shut and she was in but missing, and I searched each room and shut the door but still couldnt find her.

In the bedroom I used to keep the curtains closed and was in there sittin on bed thinkiing where esle to look and thought that curtain is a bit fat......................there she was sitting there everso silently with her big yellow eyes  ;D

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2007, 14:11:25 PM »
It's amazing how they do that isn't it. I once lost Dylan in my house, not easy with a cat his size, and had to come out to work without finding him, despite calling and calling him. Of course I worried about him all day and when I got home he was curled up in his usual spot on the chair as if nothing had happened  :rofl: Hobbes is particularly good at disappearing and then reappearing as if by magic, no idea where he goes most of the time although he has been known to be in the bath - without water I hasten to add  :rofl:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2007, 11:26:15 AM »
Molly isn't too bad, but the amount of times I have searched the house for cats I know are in it, and they have been sat somewhere odd really quietly, completely ignoring me, and then when you find them, they look at you as if to say 'What you doing here, stop disturbing me!!'.
Please spay your cat

Offline Catjane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2007, 10:42:23 AM »
:rofl:

I'm always losing Mosi and I don't have the excuse that he could be outside.  You wouldnt' think you could lose a cat in a one bed flat, but he always manages to be in the one place I've not looked.
That is one of the rules of being a cat!  The number of times I've 'missed' one of my three, and hunt high and low, even though I know they are all shut in.  Usually they appear as if from nowhere, and i'm none the wiser!  The cat wins!  Once I shut Shanti in the under-stairs cupboard, finally I thought to look there as I'd had to go in to get the carrier for Sabby - he'd already been to the vet and back before I noticed Shanti was missing!  When I opened the door, all I could see in the gloom was this pair of big round yellow eyes!  Not at all reproachful, I might add - madam was quite happy playing the catch-me-if-you-can game!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2007, 00:30:25 AM »
Afraid Misa has been locked in the studio and only realiized when I went up to check what the large crash was above my head!

It was just a storage room at the time and he had sneaked in without me seeing.

Franta also has shut himself in there, cos i didnt pull the door until the latch clicked, so he pushed the door and got in and then shut the door on himself ...........sigh. Cant remember now how I found him but suspect it was cos he was missing and couldnt find him anywhere and it was my last port of call in the panic.

No cats are allowed in that room so its a place of desire for them...........sigh

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2007, 00:22:22 AM »
I once spent over an hour ransacking the house for Sofie. She was in the kitchen cupboards, quietly and patiently waiting for me to let her out... :rofl:

I've shut Mosi in a cupboard before (and in the bathroom) but he certainly doesn't do quiet or patient.

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 00:20:51 AM »
I once locked Matilda (RIP) in the airing cupboard for 10 hours while I was at work.  I turned the house upside down and panicked hugely as she was very small at the time and not allowed outside - then realised my mistake when I noticed Bertie pawing the cupboard door.  I opened it expecting to see a terrified kitty dying to get out - and found a content kitty curled up on the boiler wondering why meowmy was apologising so much  :rofl:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 00:16:14 AM »
I once spent over an hour ransacking the house for Sofie. She was in the kitchen cupboards, quietly and patiently waiting for me to let her out... :rofl:

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 00:14:35 AM »
I've only got a one-bed house too and have lost Bertie and Bella more times than you can imagine - the difference with Minnie is that she ALWAYS sleeps on the bed (she's a creature of habit, being blind), so it did throw me a little bit!

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 00:00:44 AM »

I'm always losing Mosi and I don't have the excuse that he could be outside.  You wouldnt' think you could lose a cat in a one bed flat, but he always manages to be in the one place I've not looked.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 23:59:07 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl:

I know and I am always being caught out by Sasa cos she has so many hiding places and has made another two in the last week,,,,,they are just the ones I know about..........sigh

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
I'm getting an in/out board for Minnie
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 23:53:59 PM »
That cat is confusing the hell out of me.  Every evening, she asks to go out about three times, and is always back 15 minutes later tapping the front door, but sometimes stays out a bit longer.  Just now, I locked the front door and went upstairs, expecting to see Minnie on the bed, since she wasn't downstairs.  No sign of her - but I was SURE I'd let her back in.  I scoured the house, then came to the conclusion she must have asked to go out again and I'd let her out, but was preoccupied at the time.  So I went outside and called her - no sign.  Came inside a bit worried, went to turn back the sheets on the bed, and she was underneath them.  There's no hope for me if I can't even remember whether she's in or out.  I think an in/out board is the way to go  :rofl:

Link to CatChat