Author Topic: Lexy hears "Get Down" and obeys - for the FIRST time!  (Read 3273 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Lexy hears "Get Down" and obeys - for the FIRST time!
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2007, 23:12:14 PM »
I think Lexys body language was wonderful, so huffy and indignant and then up yours  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2007, 21:54:08 PM »
Sorry, should add I got the "*** you" tail flick again tonight. Progress?  :evillaugh:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2007, 20:20:04 PM »
 :evillaugh: am I Carl?  :naughty:

Offline carl (billy and baggys dad)

• Distinguished Cat
  • King Bilbo & Mr Baggins' dad and loyal servant
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2007, 20:18:18 PM »
:rofl: Them are ace, Ruth! You're a harsh woman though!
From out of nowhere you came strong as stone
And now I'll never have to be alone
What it is I know
You have always been my safe home

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2007, 16:56:55 PM »
Nope. I have relatives that are from/living in South Africa. It's one of my favourite accents! :) I'm a Derbyshire lass through and through. Nothing interesting about my accent. :shy:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2007, 15:30:44 PM »
Thanks for your kind comments. Did anyone notice after I said thank you in the first video. I got the flick of the tail. After reading that messybeast bit about cat tails etc I think she was telling me to ***** off! Little moo!

I do love her though. She's so cute and lovely.  :Luv2:

JS .. does that mean your accent is similar?

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2007, 15:16:46 PM »
That's most impressive Ruth.  I wonder if Ollie......nooooooooo.  I love the indignant look of Lexy's pantaloons as she walks off

Offline Sarah (seldom_use)

• Super Cat
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2007, 15:10:54 PM »
i love your videos ruth :rofl:

queen lexy was verrry comfy on the laptop, she deserves attention after you scoffed that chippy infront of her :rofl:

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2007, 23:22:51 PM »
hehe, your videos do make me laugh so much!!!  you talk to her just like i talk to jasper (and did to suzie) its one of those things i know i do it..... and then think how weird it is!!!!  love it!!  and i love your accent.

i read the title wrong at first and thought it meant she got down 1st time of telling.... watching the video i was like 1st time my arse!!!!  very well done lexy though!!!!   you are wonderful  :Luv:

and you were so pushing it ruth - expecting 3 successes in the one night!!! (and the last one frankly not even a ...  what a silly obedient thing.... a dog (!!) would have got down too!!!)  :evillaugh:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2007, 23:13:59 PM »
I love that you say thank you at the end....I do that too! Purely because I feel so grateful that ANY of my lot listened to what I've said! :evillaugh: It's great to hear a SA accent, by the way!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2007, 22:53:34 PM »
Hmm - very forceful (NOT)  :rofl:  Love the first vid though  ;D

I'm afraid Im not as polite as you.  When Mosi is somewhere he shouldn't be I stomp towards him roaring MOSI, GET DOWN!  He even puts himself in time out now.  He knows me so well.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2007, 22:31:02 PM »
I've failed. Try to get her off this. A few mins ago.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 20:35:02 PM »
"Pescatarian"

Definition: Occasionally used to describe those who abstain from eating all meat and animal flesh with the exception of fish. Although the word is not commonly used and a pescatarian is not technically a vegetarian, more and more people are adopting this kind of diet, usually for health reasons or as a stepping stone to a fully vegetarian diet. Pescetarians often believe that moderate consumption of fish or fish oils, which are high in Omega-3 fatty acids, is necessary for optimum health, although vegetarian alternatives, such as flax seed oil, are available.

he he he had to look that up :)

Trust you! :rofl:

I just had another giggle. I played the video again and a bit loud... :rofl: she jumped down from the radiator bed on command! Oh, the power!!!

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 20:21:24 PM »
Just love Lexy's resolve not to get down initially, and then the defiant huff :evillaugh: Well done Lexy :rofl:

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 20:14:31 PM »
"Pescatarian"

Definition: Occasionally used to describe those who abstain from eating all meat and animal flesh with the exception of fish. Although the word is not commonly used and a pescatarian is not technically a vegetarian, more and more people are adopting this kind of diet, usually for health reasons or as a stepping stone to a fully vegetarian diet. Pescetarians often believe that moderate consumption of fish or fish oils, which are high in Omega-3 fatty acids, is necessary for optimum health, although vegetarian alternatives, such as flax seed oil, are available.

he he he had to look that up :)
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 20:05:00 PM »
OMG that's hilarious, as if she is thinking "nah she dos'nt mean it" then when she realises you do she skulks away....aw bless you should try some of her cat food sometime... :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Who says I haven't? :evillaugh: I cant expect her to eat something I'm not prepared to... well now I'm pescatarian (sp) I have an excuse... but I have!!

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 19:55:32 PM »
soooooooooo impressed with the advances in obedience training there  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 19:45:43 PM »
OMG that's hilarious, as if she is thinking "nah she dos'nt mean it" then when she realises you do she skulks away....aw bless you should try some of her cat food sometime... :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Lexy hears "Get Down" and obeys - for the FIRST time!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 19:34:33 PM »
I got home late tonight, so got some cod and chips from the local chippie.  I've been resisting this, since Lexy's surgery, as I've not wanted her to feel left out if I get some for me and she can't have it.

However, I have made a decision that even though Lexy can't eat all the stuff she used to, I have to continue as normal and Madam has to learn that she can't get fish from my plate when I get some from the chippie (she loves it). It will be a test to both for both of us since I can't resist the begging look.   So I laid out her chicken and prescription food, let her start eating and then dished up for me. Not 2 minutes in and I had the pitiful looks on the sofa next to me... the edging closer millimeter by millimeter  :rofl: 

The intention was to video the begging look, but Madam surprised me completely... so the video turned into another...

Here we are on the living room sofa not a few minutes ago, Madam came a cadging....  :evillaugh: Pardon the running commentary :evillaugh: I nearly fell off my seat.

I will admit to having a good giggle when I got the "I am so pitiful, feed me please" puss-in-boots look. I didn't cave!! :cheer:

Hope you enjoy it  :evillaugh:

« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 19:42:45 PM by Kittybabe (Ruth) »

Link to CatChat