Author Topic: Do your cats guilt trip you?  (Read 3195 times)

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
Re: Do your cats guilt trip you?
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2007, 19:33:54 PM »
Not what you could describe as a guilt trip, but Minimopsical is used to getting her food when she wants it and will somersault her pretty self round the human ankles until she gets it,so perhaps more of a human trip  :rofl:

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2007, 19:26:47 PM »
Sid, one of my Bridge babies, used to go mad if I was sewing when he wanted something, until one day he discovered that if you pulled the funny string I was sewing with, it worked a treat.  2 or 3 unthreaded needles, and I'd go and do what he wanted.

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2007, 17:17:56 PM »
Riley is a howler - he yells and complains, then very obviously goes to scratch on his tree (he was taught to do this whenever he wanted something - more fool me!), before mooning about the place. If this little performance doesn't work, he just repeats it, racking up the volume and drama each time!
He only resorts to the STARE if I'm anywhere near the kitchen, when he arranges himself in his neatest, most statuesque sitting pose, and turns on what my OH calls "the evils" :rofl:
Skye hops onto me and sits, stands or rolls around on whatever else I have dared to do instead of talking to her, purring, trilling and licking like crazy, till eventually my resistance breaks in the face of the cuteness onslaught :Luv:

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2007, 16:28:03 PM »
the plan is in place mosi my love  ;)   :shoosh:   :evillaugh:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2007, 16:24:46 PM »
oh mosi, its no good - youre just gonna have to come live with me!!  i've heard about you being in time out OVER NIGHT and now this....  whatever it is, you dont deserve this treatment, youre just toooooooooo handsome. so pack your little bag and make your way here  ;D

jaffa is of course more than welcome too (although i'm trying to give you a break from naughty mosi too poppet  :Luv: )

Auntie Hannah - I'll try to slip out of the big hole in the wall when meowmy goes out or comes in and will make my way to you.  Is it far?  Do you know which way I should go when I get out of the hole in the wall?

Mosi
xx

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2007, 10:54:34 AM »
Yes.  :tired: Especially Old Mog who wants fuss 24/7 due to her utter confusion and looks at me like I've mortally wounded her if I have to go and do something else. The other three are a bit less demanding, but they definately know how to make me feel like an inadequate carer.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2007, 10:51:25 AM »
I think the LOOK is something taught to them by their mothers at birth!  Ollie has perfected it especially if meals are a few seconds late  ;D

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2007, 09:38:24 AM »
Yes. Pure and simple. I'm getting it now. Each time I get on the laptop I have Lexy at my feet watching and the stare is deathly.  :-[

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2007, 23:24:41 PM »
I too get this,especially if I am late giving them their food or for some reason have to do something else instead of giving them their biscuits first thing in the morning,hey sometimes a call of nature is NEEDED and cat biscuits have to wait :evillaugh:
Love me,love my animals.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2007, 20:29:31 PM »
Mosi goes for the more direct methods too (particularly the yelling) but as he matures I think he's trying to broaden his repertoire.  It's a shame the pic has flashy eyes as his eyes spoke volumes!

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2007, 20:27:25 PM »
oh mosi, its no good - youre just gonna have to come live with me!!  i've heard about you being in time out OVER NIGHT and now this....  whatever it is, you dont deserve this treatment, youre just toooooooooo handsome. so pack your little bag and make your way here  ;D

jaffa is of course more than welcome too (although i'm trying to give you a break from naughty mosi too poppet  :Luv: )

At least Susanne will have Bertie to keep her company  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2007, 20:24:45 PM »
Oliver hasn't learned that "silent and deadly" tactics yet, he gets very vocal and whinges on at the top of his lung, not that it is any less effective on a doting slave who would let him lick the nutella of her finger... :shy:

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007, 20:18:38 PM »
oh mosi, its no good - youre just gonna have to come live with me!!  i've heard about you being in time out OVER NIGHT and now this....  whatever it is, you dont deserve this treatment, youre just toooooooooo handsome. so pack your little bag and make your way here  ;D

jaffa is of course more than welcome too (although i'm trying to give you a break from naughty mosi too poppet  :Luv: )

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 20:17:15 PM »
And isn't it funny how you always know when you're being stared at by a cat?  Their eyes had softened a bit by the time I took the pic, but Mosi in particular was definitely saying "excuse me, slave - did I say you could take a break?".  The pair of them just wandered in, sat down and stared at me.  Twas quite unnerving!

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 20:15:15 PM »
Every day one or the other pulls this stunt :)

and every time I wonder what I've done now :rofl:
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 20:14:33 PM »
In a word .......YES!

I have to go to London on Monday and will not be back till Tues and just by going to my painting group this afternoon I am being made to feel guilty........sigh.

I love that picture  ;D

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 20:13:26 PM »
smidgen uses a more direct approach. He just climbs onto me and lies on my hands so I can't type ... Suppose it is time for round two of dinner ....

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Do your cats guilt trip you?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 20:11:24 PM »
There's no hope for me.  I'm just a slave around here, and one who knows her place.  I was sat watching tv and felt 2 pairs of eyes burning a hole in my back.  I turned around and there were the boys just sitting there looking at me.  You know, with that look.  The one that says we've fallen short of expectations.  It was only a matter of seconds before I started to feel guilty and tried to think what I'd done wrong or not done well enough.  They must laugh themselves silly when I'm not around. 

I did eventually manage to compose myself, grab the camera and take a pic.  I actually think they were more scary without the flashy eyes!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 20:13:17 PM by Susanne (urbantigers) »

Link to CatChat