Author Topic: Microchip - changes to details - unlimited changes for just £10...  (Read 5627 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Microchip - changes to details - unlimited changes for just £10...
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2008, 21:30:52 PM »
Dawn i updated with Backhome online for free  :wow:

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2008, 19:31:27 PM »
Awww bless him  :Luv2:

Better to be safe than sorry, definitely!
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2008, 15:12:43 PM »
Helen, I missed that  -why is Riley chipped twice?  :-:

His first one has migrated to under his armpit, literally on the underside of his tummy and although it still works I wasn't happy it would be found if he was ever lost.  I told him that it was because he was doubly special he had to have two  :Luv2:

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2008, 12:09:37 PM »
Weirdly enough I just dug all the petlog stuff out last night because I need to update for the move (again!!)

It really is a good offer - considering i'll have used it twice its already paid for itself rather than me paying the 2x £7.50.

Doc is registered with BackHome rather than Petlog, I think they charge £5 a go, not sure if there is an offer for unlimited I will have to check. Wish they were all on the same!!  :tired:

Helen, I missed that  -why is Riley chipped twice?  :-:
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 12:10:06 PM by Cheesecat »
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2008, 11:09:14 AM »
Just bumping this up, it's still only £10 and that gives you unlimited changes instantly online or over the phone for life.  Just one change of address or phone number is £7.50 each and every time so this really is a good deal. 

I've just upgraded to it for Riley's second chip and put in the notes that he is chipped twice with the numbers cross referenced.

http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/438

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2007, 12:28:41 PM »
Thats strange  :-: maybe it could tell my the same address etc used to sign up to the petlog premium?

That's probably it, I didn't remember putting an email address in the bit where you pay and upgrade to petlog premium as you do that sort of thing on auto-pilot.  I guess they link the registered email address with the microchip numbers so when you log in with that email address it links all the microchips registered to that email address.  I guess if for some reason you needed different details on each microchip they could do it over the phone for you so both records aren't automatically changed to the same thing.

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2007, 12:18:38 PM »
Thats strange  :-: maybe it could tell my the same address etc used to sign up to the petlog premium?

I was going to say if its on the one log-in then I see why it updates all cats linked to that profile, otherwise you could just let friends etc use your premium account to update their cats details too.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2007, 12:12:46 PM »
I changed Gerti's chip address and then when I entered the chip number to change Cheese's it automatically linked her to the new addy  :shy:

I get it now!  I added my work number to Lukey's record and then went to log into Riley's and it was already there - I just presumed I must have put it on Riley's original form and not Lu's.  I wonder how they knew to add it to his record though as they both have a different 'unique petlog ID code' and when I went to register after upgrading to petlog premium it wouldn't let me use the same email address for each registration so i had to use a different email address for Riley but then when I logged in using the first email address (Lukey's) it let me go into both records  :Crazy:  :shify:

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2007, 11:37:26 AM »
Its probably the network here actually Helen, I bet if I had tried it at home it would work fine - it was just frustrating!  :tired:

I changed Gerti's chip address and then when I entered the chip number to change Cheese's it automatically linked her to the new addy  :shy: one less thing to worry about now that is sorted. Put my mobile number on there too  ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2007, 09:45:32 AM »
I didn't have any problems with it Dawn, it went straight into the details page for both of them and changed it first time  :-:  You can do it over the phone aswell it's just handy to be able to DIY online.

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 08:55:08 AM »
Helen, did you find that the Petlog site is really rubbish for crashing when you are trying to change the details?

If I log in and enter Gerti's chip details it keeps crashing and I keep having to pressthe back button and press "enter" button again... repeating that about 5 times and then it shows me her details page, and I try pressing "amend" and it keeps crashing again, have to keep pressing back button and "amend" again about 10-15 times.. then it let me amend and now wont let me confirm! aaaaaaaaaargh!

Just signed up to petlog premium for the £10 each though, its a good offer  ;D

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 20:27:30 PM »
I was automatically given Petlog Premium when I did a change of ownership for Minnie ... it cost me £15 because I didn't have the original certificate from her previous owner so more paperwork for them, but they threw in premium.  I had the pack through today and I'm really impressed, not least because it included two ID tags marked "I'm chipped, please scan me" - really useful, I think.  Am now going to upgrade the other two, especially as a possible house move is happening in the next couple of years, which would be pricey to update details for all three.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 19:29:17 PM »
My dog's microchip has a website where you simply go in, using a password and update the details as and when required. Note to self, find paperwork and update details, don't want dog sent to NZ.... :rofl:

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 19:23:22 PM »
 :Crazy: weird I was going to post the same thing, got leaflet last week and just got round to upgrading Max last night  :rofl: :rofl:
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 16:54:05 PM »
Meant to say...  The leaflet (£11.50 instead of £15) says it's a special offer from 1st Jan to 30th August but the online special price doesn't mention an expiry date so hopefully it's a permanent offer - worth doing before the 30th if you're definitely going to do it though just to be on the safe side.

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 16:48:07 PM »
I shall be doing this tonight - £10 is fab as both Gerti and Cheese are with petlog and we will be moving about a bit over the next few years.

Thanks for letting me know   :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
Microchip - changes to details - unlimited changes for just £10...
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 16:27:26 PM »
Got the boys' microchip forms through the other day, there was a leaflet in with them that said to upgrade to 'Petlog Premium' was £11.50 instead of £15.  If you are not a 'petlog premium' member then each change of details (change of address or change to phone numbers etc) costs £7.50. 

Seeing as I plan to move in the fairly near future and the fact that I hope to have the boys for the next 20 or so years I figured it would work out cheaper to upgrade to petlog premium.  Went to do it online and it automatically came up as a special offer of £10 instead of £15. It worked straight away as you can also update your own details on line so I went in and added my work number aswell as my home and mobile, there's a few other benefits to it aswell but the main one for me is not being charged £7.50 every time I move!

Here's the link:

http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/438

Link to CatChat