Author Topic: Being attacked in my own home!  (Read 2894 times)

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
Re: Being attacked in my own home!
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2007, 08:49:55 AM »
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Great pics Helen  :)

Guinness loves a paper ball  :Crazy: they have sooooo many toys and he just loves his paper ball  :tired: he carries everywhere and then drops it on your lap and purrs till you throw it for him  :evillaugh:

Pippa's like that E. She will carry toys, and usually a piece of her litter :crazy: drops it at your feet and you have to throw it. So cute.

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2007, 20:15:00 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Great pics Helen  :)

Guinness loves a paper ball  :Crazy: they have sooooo many toys and he just loves his paper ball  :tired: he carries everywhere and then drops it on your lap and purrs till you throw it for him  :evillaugh:

I have to admit I did and do still playfight with the boys, I know they say it's against all the rules but they love it and so do I  :)  They responded so well to the face blowing and paw squeezing, only took a few days to get them not using claws or teeth at all.  I trim their claws fairly regularly aswell, started doing it when they were babies and now just lay there and have a manicure  :)

I shall send Guinness to you to get his claws trimmed  :evillaugh: he is a nightmare  :-[ the other three are great, they just chill out  :)

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2007, 19:29:32 PM »
Blip never, ever does this to me but she will sometimes roll over onto her back to encourage my OH to tickle her tummy.  As soon as he does - wham! all four feet!  She obviously thinks he is a real mug, falling for the same old trick every time.  :evillaugh:

She always does this with retracted claws, though.

We think she sees me more as her meowmy and him as a sort of funny-looking brother cat.

Christine that made me giggle. Lexy used to do that to Al all the time and when he visits now she still does the belly rub thing and he still wants to touch her :evillaugh:

Helen I had forgotten you did that with the boys. Pretty good advice... do you think it will work with a tempramental 4 year old? :rofl:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2007, 16:34:24 PM »
Blip never, ever does this to me but she will sometimes roll over onto her back to encourage my OH to tickle her tummy.  As soon as he does - wham! all four feet!  She obviously thinks he is a real mug, falling for the same old trick every time.  :evillaugh:

She always does this with retracted claws, though.

We think she sees me more as her meowmy and him as a sort of funny-looking brother cat.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2007, 15:51:45 PM »
I have to admit I did and do still playfight with the boys, I know they say it's against all the rules but they love it and so do I  :)  They responded so well to the face blowing and paw squeezing, only took a few days to get them not using claws or teeth at all.  I trim their claws fairly regularly aswell, started doing it when they were babies and now just lay there and have a manicure  :)

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2007, 15:45:04 PM »
Will definitely try that - just to add we don't play fight with her or encourage it, but she sees a moving hand etc. as a toy when in the mood. She does love wand toys etc. as well, so can be distracted. Thanks for the advice!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2007, 15:37:56 PM »
Lisa / Lucy

Got a really good tip from someone off here (think it might have been Milly's Mum), when Leo / Xanthe start to bite blow directly in their face quite hard.  It startles them enough to stop them doing it but without frightening them.  Do it a few times and the biting stops completely  ;D  Also when the boys were little and started to get a bit over excited with their claws I gently squeezed their paws so their claws retracted and said 'gentle'.  They never use their claws now and if they do start to get over excited I just say 'gentle' and they remember  :)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2007, 12:22:40 PM »
Its not a good idea to play fight with cats using your hands, much better to use a toy, one on a string even better.  ;D

You are teacxhing then to attack your hands and they will then think this is acceptable for all and anyones hands and possibly feet and legs too.

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2007, 11:43:16 AM »
How could that cute face hide such a little terror!

Ive noticed in the last few days Leo is doing a bit more bitey play ! I dont think he means to be spiteful, he just doesnt realise how sharp his teeth / claws are!!  :Crazy:
 I have scatches all over my hands which looks awful really but most of the time it doesnt hurt that much ! Do you think too much 'fighty' play will make him aggressive in any way as he gets older ?  :boxer: 

Xanthe is just the same - I keep hoping she will calm down a bit with age but at the moment she is so excited about hunting hands, feet, heads etc. nowhere is safe.

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2007, 11:34:18 AM »
 :rofl: that made me laugh - Riley has a lovely face  :Luv: :Luv:

Ive noticed in the last few days Leo is doing a bit more bitey play ! I dont think he means to be spiteful, he just doesnt realise how sharp his teeth / claws are!!  :Crazy:

I have scatches all over my hands which looks awful really but most of the time it doesnt hurt that much ! Do you think too much 'fighty' play will make him aggressive in any way as he gets older ?  :boxer:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2007, 09:10:49 AM »
Helen I empathise. Lexy seems to have fallen in love with Da Sparkly, more so than Birdy. I was growled at last night when I tried to put it away, but since she keeps trying to pull it apart to eat it  :evillaugh: I can only do what I must.

Suffice it to say, my hands look a little rough after a few swipes from her famous claw.

As for Riley... live with it. He already rules the roost clearly  :evillaugh:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2007, 01:35:46 AM »
Purrrrrrsonally I think you were too rough and fancy ignoring him while he was trying to play............doing your nails indeed, you deserve everything you get  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2007, 01:17:34 AM »
:rofl:  ;D

It's payback time for calling him grey  :P

I sympathise as Mosi runs up and down the room when playing with da bird etc then does backflips off the arm of the sofa.  He lands on some part of my anatomy (usually the outstretched hand or arm, but he gets my legs sometimes for variety) and I'm permanently covered in scratches as a result.
YOU mean playback time??

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2007, 01:14:17 AM »
Well , then you shouldnt play with thier toys,you know we hoomans always do this ;D,ask them to show you how to play or get your own da mouse,eeee. ;)

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 23:58:36 PM »
That's what makes tonights attack so horrific, neither of them ever use claws or bite even in 'fighty bitey' play - he's resorted to using weapons  :evillaugh:

Actually, OH has just reminded me that I have been injured by Bella when she knocked a mug onto my head when I was sleeping once ... we now hide all mugs as she has clearly grasped the concept of blunt objects  :rofl:

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 23:30:03 PM »
YAY Riley,you show your meowmy whos boss,about time somebody stood up to these hoomans :shify:

Ging and Grwndi
Love me,love my animals.

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 23:05:11 PM »
He is definitely laughing at you Helen  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 22:52:59 PM »
That's what makes tonights attack so horrific, neither of them ever use claws or bite even in 'fighty bitey' play - he's resorted to using weapons  :evillaugh:

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 22:49:06 PM »
I'm so lucky with my three - never a claw in sight.  I've been feeding my friend's cats for the last week and they both like to offer their tummy for tickling and then grab your hand with all four sets of claws ... the backs of my hands have now caused four people to shout "Oh my God, what happened to you?"  :rofl:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 22:25:05 PM »
 :rofl:  ;D

It's payback time for calling him grey  :P

I sympathise as Mosi runs up and down the room when playing with da bird etc then does backflips off the arm of the sofa.  He lands on some part of my anatomy (usually the outstretched hand or arm, but he gets my legs sometimes for variety) and I'm permanently covered in scratches as a result.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 22:26:57 PM by Susanne (urbantigers) »

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 22:23:43 PM »
Oh no! It's meowmy abuse.

No treats for Riley for a few minutes or two ;)

Lirael leaves bite marks all over my hands/arms so I look like we've got a rabid cat in the house.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
Being attacked in my own home!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 22:20:30 PM »
Riley is beating me up in my own home  >:( 

I was playing with da mouse tonight and he kept flying through the air and whipping me so hard with his flailing tail it was leaving red marks, he then had the mouse in a really tight grip and was backing away so hard that he pulled the pole apart at the joint which jolted my shoulder as it gave way.  The final straw was when I had the pole under my foot as I was trying to do my nails, he tugged on the mouse so hard that the pole arched up and snapped in two catching my leg as it broke  >:(  They now have a very short da bird/mouse/puff/sparkly  :evillaugh:

At least he is sorry for what he's done.... not!  Look at this cheeky little face  :innocent:

Link to CatChat