Author Topic: Cat hotel in Welwyn Garden City  (Read 4588 times)

Offline Lottie (Team Svartalfheim's)

• Distinguished Cat
  • GB* Svartalfheim's Sunset Boulevard
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest cats
Re: Cat hotel in Welwyn Garden City
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2010, 20:40:09 PM »
Confused about the cat tree - I assumed in the first photo it was the cat's own, but there is another photo with one in.  How do they disinfect those between guests?

They won't be able to disinfect them. The last time Bilbo went to a cattery they said they had scratchposts in the pen so I asked them to remove it and gave the whole pen a once over with Virkon when I got there and took his own little scratchpost. Thereagain I also went along every 3rd day to groom him as it was moulting season. They didn't mind at all about me givign it a wipe down and going to visit so often. A decent cattery don't mind owners quirks like this  :)
Feel free to visit the Team at www.svartalfheim.co.uk

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2010, 19:15:09 PM »

Yes people of many words  :rofl:

You are lucky you didn't get an email back with 2 words  :innocent:  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2010, 18:44:29 PM »
I filled in the online form to ask how they manage to properly clean the suits are I got this back

"Trigene Advance and steam"

Yes people of many words  :rofl:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2010, 18:34:11 PM »
I actually know the sil of these people!!

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2010, 12:27:58 PM »
What if owners go home and try to replicate these 'healthy and balanced' meals on a regular basis? I view Noah as more akin to a child than an equal, I might abuse my own body with alcohol but I wouldn't dream of doing the same to my child or my cat.

I imagine the owners who use this type of establishment are already feeding these silly diets. In no way would I personally ever dream of feeding anything unhealthy, the Paws Inn cats get the best available and the only junk food a little cooked chicken once in a blue moon. However theres many a poor feral/stray cat who survives on bread crusts and any leftover they can find with remarkable effects.

I am ashamed to say there is a snobbish element on Purrs regarding feeding/ etc its natural because we all care so deeply.

As for cattery I also told my friend I wouldnt use it, Not big enough to accomodate all mine amongst other things  :rofl: I went with another friend to view a cattery near Manchester a couple of years ago all I can say is the shock is still with me.

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2010, 11:48:20 AM »
I work in lifestyle healthcare (physical activity, nutrition, smoking cessation), so I am biased by what damage I know can be done. Perhaps as a result my interpretation of the word 'treat' is different to the average persons. Humans don't only treat themselves on the annual family holiday, few hit the minimum guidelines for health the rest of the year. I am shocked by reading on MSE of what goes into children's lunch boxes - having a homemade sandwich and a piece of fruit does not make it acceptable to provide a packet of crisps and a chocolate bar on a daily basis. If a foodstuff is a staple part of the diet is it really a treat anymore?

I also think the danger is that the cat hotel is presenting homecooked meals comprised of fish or a large amount of processed meat as being designed by a 'nutritionist' and implying they are suitable for daily use. What if owners go home and try to replicate these 'healthy and balanced' meals on a regular basis? I view Noah as more akin to a child than an equal, I might abuse my own body with alcohol but I wouldn't dream of doing the same to my child or my cat.
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2010, 07:50:27 AM »
Was talking about this during a phone conversation yesterday and I have come to the conclusion that humans go on holiday to rest and revitalise their bodies often by treating themselves to all sorts of junk food, inappropriate amounts of alcohol and goodness knows what so if a cat is going for a holiday surely a few naughty treats should be ok.

Whats sauce for the goose .........................

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2010, 00:12:32 AM »
I agree with Firefox as well - I wouldn't want any of mine being fed cheap ham with phosphates and/or Nitrates added.

Mine wouldnt care less as long as it looked like ham and smelt like ham  :rofl:

I actually like the idea,  if I had one or two cats I would use it,  but then again I am a sucker for something like that.   Unfortunately for my crew I would be looking at over £1000,  so will stick with the mother in law coming to cat sit  :Luv2:

I don't think Noah would complain about being fed cheap ham either, this is the boy who picked tiny pieces of cheap bacon out of pesto coated pasta! Bet your MIL provides a better service than any fancy cat hotel.  :Luv2:
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2010, 09:38:14 AM »
Totally rediculous !

And how on earth do they clean those suites with Trigene or something simular ???

I agree. It needs to be totally wipe-clean with different cats going in & out.

I agree with Firefox as well - I wouldn't want any of mine being fed cheap ham with phosphates and/or Nitrates added.

Mine wouldnt care less as long as it looked like ham and smelt like ham  :rofl:

I actually like the idea,  if I had one or two cats I would use it,  but then again I am a sucker for something like that.   Unfortunately for my crew I would be looking at over £1000,  so will stick with the mother in law coming to cat sit  :Luv2:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2010, 08:39:07 AM »
Totally rediculous !

And how on earth do they clean those suites with Trigene or something simular ???

I agree. It needs to be totally wipe-clean with different cats going in & out.

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2010, 07:54:05 AM »
Totally rediculous !

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2010, 12:14:39 PM »
Looks nice but just standard cattery with posh decor which is aimed at the owner rather than the cat.  Confused about the cat tree - I assumed in the first photo it was the cat's own, but there is another photo with one in.  How do they disinfect those between guests?

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 23:37:28 PM »
Yep, I thought the same about the offerings of Go Cat (although they do describe that as their 'standard' fare  ;) ) as for the 'gourmet' - and a nutritionist developed that?  :scared:

When you look at the cattery website, the pens are just standard upvc cattery pens, tarted up a bit  :evillaugh: .

Claire, yes thats what most cattery pens are like (without the lurid decor LOL!), and most will let you bring your cats' own beds/blankets etc.

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 22:51:31 PM »
I was going to say the same thing about the descriptions of the food, I think describing Go Cat as good quality is a bit of a stretch to put it mildly! Also noticed it looks like ham on a bed of kibble in the photo of the A la Cat menu. Apart from the music being played, it doesn't seem that fancy to me, especially since the things which make it really nice you have to pay extra for like the 'postcards', nice food, grooming.

'I love my cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul'

'I have studied many philsophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior'

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 22:46:51 PM »
So we've got 6 and are off for a week (say 8 nights times 6 times £15) mmmmmmm £720.  Err no ta.  Gud o youz to ask like buttttt.... nope  :-:

Did ya see the lime green and the purple decorated rooms?   Shouldn't they be reported to RSPCA for unusual cruelty?  :innocent:

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 20:40:20 PM »
**Cynic alert**  :tired:

Looks like it's set up more to fleece appease the guilty feelings of the absentee slaves that please the cat!
"You've seen the gorgeous photos and you've salivated over the menus ... served on bone china plates to cater for our guests every need."
I don't generally salivate over my little carnivore's food: raw chicken complete with bone anyone, how about pate made from lung, heart, kidney and brain?  :sick:

Why is there processed meat in the a 'la cat' photograph? Why is the whole garden not cat proofed? Does the average cat really like jazz music? You have to pay £3.50 a day extra for the a la cat (all of which appear to be fish, complete?): the everyday menu includes Go Cat "made with quality meat and fish" (all 4% of it presumably). Then it's £5 a week extra for three postcards e-mails ...
http://www.longcroftcathotel.co.uk/
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 20:40:53 PM by Fire Fox »
Lulu's Catbook

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 18:21:52 PM »
I was reading about that the other day, if I sent Pepsi it would just confirm her belief that she is a member of Cat Royalty and wouldn't want to come back to my common little house  :evillaugh: Although she would ignore the cave bed and the four posters and go and sleep on the floor or some other equally uncomfortable looking place  :naughty:

Looking through the pictures, there doesn't seem to be much in each room though, just a shelf with a bed on and a scratching post in the other area. I've never had to board a cat before though, but it this what they're all like? Do you take toys and blankets and things in with you?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 18:26:15 PM by Claire_smc »

'I love my cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul'

'I have studied many philsophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior'

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 17:10:24 PM »
My two wouldn't want to come home!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton

Link to CatChat