Author Topic: Squamous Cell Cancer.......... RIP Mr Darcy  (Read 23319 times)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: Squamous Cell Cancer.......... RIP Mr Darcy
« Reply #142 on: August 04, 2009, 14:31:11 PM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline cats_whiskas

• Adult Cat
  • Harry, Cheese and Nancy. RIP Mr Darcy x
    • Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
« Reply #141 on: August 04, 2009, 08:03:13 AM »
Another day without him :(

Offline cats_whiskas

• Adult Cat
« Reply #140 on: August 01, 2009, 22:57:18 PM »
That has literally taken my breath away. What a lovely lovely thing to do. xxx Thankyou so so much for thinking of my beautiful boy and the other wonderful kitties who have been called to the great saucer of milk in the sky, xxxxx Thankyou from the bottom of my heart.

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #139 on: August 01, 2009, 22:54:31 PM »

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #138 on: August 01, 2009, 22:14:23 PM »
 :hug:

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #137 on: August 01, 2009, 21:11:23 PM »
A lovely tribute to a very special boy    :RIP:   Mr. Darcey
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #136 on: August 01, 2009, 19:41:04 PM »
that's lovely , and a fitting memorial to your special boy

if we didn't really love our cats their passing would not cause us so much pain, but who would want to forego the love in order to avoid the pain? :hug: 
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 19:41:49 PM by trigger »
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #135 on: August 01, 2009, 19:34:54 PM »
What a wonderful tribute to him. I am sorry things progressed so quickly, sadly that is the way with cancer at times, both times i have had a cat with cancer it has been a matter of weeks. Sadly this is hte price we pay for loving them and having them in our lives, and it is never as long as we want. RIP little one, and big hugs to you
Please spay your cat

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #134 on: August 01, 2009, 19:27:39 PM »
Aw babe, a wonderful tribute for your wonderful little man  :hug: xxx

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline cats_whiskas

• Adult Cat
« Reply #133 on: August 01, 2009, 19:25:53 PM »
Thankyou so much Fussy Furball xxxx

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #132 on: August 01, 2009, 19:25:41 PM »
RIP Mr. Darcy, such a clever boy to choose such a caring home  :hug:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #131 on: August 01, 2009, 19:14:24 PM »
What a beautiful tribute to a very very special littleman.

God bless you Mr Darcy xxxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline cats_whiskas

• Adult Cat
« Reply #130 on: August 01, 2009, 18:28:03 PM »
Mr Darcy's Story

I really have no appropriate words. At least not ones that could possible convey what an amazing character Mr Darcy was.

In 2000 I was attending a riding school. One afternoon the lady there asked if I would like to see her kittens. I said "no thankyou" as 5 years earlier I had lost a black and white kitten called Jack, that I had hand reared. He was knocked over by a car aged 5 months old.

However I was taken to this large shed and the doors were flung open. I would say, about 40 cats and kittens, shot in every which direction to hide and a wall of stench hit me. I thought, "well thats great, I won't get to see any kittens now". Then I became aware of a loud mewing. I looked down, and at my feet was a tiny 4 week old kitten, clinging to the bottom of my jeans, looking up at me and meowing. The lady told me to pick him up and I refused. The last thing I wanted was to fall in love. The boyfriend I was with at the time, bent and picked the kitten up and eventually I held him too. He had a terrible snotty nose and weepy eyes. I told the lady that he needed to see the vet. It became apparent she wouldn't be doing that. I asked if I could take him and she said that he and his brother were too young to leave their mum.

2 weeks later we went back and by chance I took my cat basket with me. I went to the shed after my riding lesson and found Mr Darcy playing outside in the sunshine. He looked very poorly indeed. I asked the lady where his brother was and she told me that he had died. I said "ooh he must be 8 weeks now, we could take him today". The woman went "oh yes" and agreed. He was in fact, only 6 weeks old. I got the carrier out of the car and popped it on the floor to pay her the princely sum of £15 for him. As I was paying, Mr Darcy just climbed in the open carrier and settled down. My mum always said, he chose me and he was determined he was coming home.

We went straght to the vets and got him sorted and over the next few weeks he came on in leaps and bounds. He would come everywhere with us in the car. We would pop him in and he would go straight to the parcel shelf and settle down for the journey. Sometime he would stand on my knee, in the passenger seat, with his paws on the dash board, looking out the front. I will never forget some of the looks from other motorists, especially sat at traffic lights.

Mr Darcy loved to visit and would get very excited about going to someones house.

Once I got another cat and he had a friend we used to leave him at home and he never really seemed to enjoy journeys again after that. He obviously forgot how much fun he used to find them.

Over the next 9 years, the men and friends came and went and Mr Darcy mopped up the inevitable tears. Anytime there was a new addition to the family, Mr Darcy would take responsibilty. He loved kittens and used to make sure they all endured hearty baths.

I remember moving into my first ever house. I was going to be living alone. I had to go to work and left mum unpacking for me. When I got in that evening, as I pulled up outside I saw Mr Darcy sitting on the windowsill, as if he had always lived their, and instantly I felt at ease. Mr Darcy was there so that was home.

Losing Mr Darcy, so quickly and to such an evil disease has knocked every ounce of stuffing out of me. I don't know how I will come back from this and life will never be the same again.

Mr Darcy is an infamous cat. His extraordinarily clumsy ways and human eyes have made him a favourite with many people. The tributes on my Facebook have overwhelmed me. He was eccentric and extraordinary. There is no other way to describe him.

For all the pain I have felt, if you asked me if I would have taken that scrawny kitten home , given the chance to do it all again, I would say a resounding yes. In a heart beat. Mr Darcy has given me so much in my life. The least I could do was let him go peacefully. I will love him eternally. I alwasy said, I wish he would turn into a man, because he was the most perfect gentleman I have ever met. I love you Darcy. May Flights Of Angels Take You To Your Rest.

Mr Darcy June 2000 - 30/07/2009
 by Catswhiskas Today at 6:05 pm

.I really have no appropriate words. At least not ones that could possible convey what an amazing character Mr Darcy was.

In 2000 I was attending a riding school. One afternoon the lady there asked if I would like to see her kittens. I said "no thankyou" as 5 years earlier I had lost a black and white kitten called Jack, that I had hand reared. He was knocked over by a car aged 5 months old.

However I was taken to this large shed and the doors were flung open. I would say, about 40 cats and kittens, shot in every which direction to hide and a wall of stench hit me. I thought, "well thats great, I won't get to see any kittens now". Then I became aware of a loud mewing. I looked down, and at my feet was a tiny 4 week old kitten, clinging to the bottom of my jeans, looking up at me and meowing. The lady told me to pick him up and I refused. The last thing I wanted was to fall in love. The boyfriend I was with at the time, bent and picked the kitten up and eventually I held him too. He had a terrible snotty nose and weepy eyes. I told the lady that he needed to see the vet. It became apparent she wouldn't be doing that. I asked if I could take him and she said that he and his brother were too young to leave their mum.

2 weeks later we went back and by chance I took my cat basket with me. I went to the shed after my riding lesson and found Mr Darcy playing outside in the sunshine. He looked very poorly indeed. I asked the lady where his brother was and she told me that he had died. I said "ooh he must be 8 weeks now, we could take him today". The woman went "oh yes" and agreed. He was in fact, only 6 weeks old. I got the carrier out of the car and popped it on the floor to pay her the princely sum of £15 for him. As I was paying, Mr Darcy just climbed in the open carrier and settled down. My mum always said, he chose me and he was determined he was coming home.

We went straght to the vets and got him sorted and over the next few weeks he came on in leaps and bounds. He would come everywhere with us in the car. We would pop him in and he would go straight to the parcel shelf and settle down for the journey. Sometime he would stand on my knee, in the passenger seat, with his paws on the dash board, looking out the front. I will never forget some of the looks from other motorists, especially sat at traffic lights.

Mr Darcy loved to visit and would get very excited about going to someones house.

Once I got another cat and he had a friend we used to leave him at home and he never really seemed to enjoy journeys again after that. He obviously forgot how much fun he used to find them.

Over the next 9 years, the men and friends came and went and Mr Darcy mopped up the inevitable tears. Anytime there was a new addition to the family, Mr Darcy would take responsibilty. He loved kittens and used to make sure they all endured hearty baths.

I remember moving into my first ever house. I was going to be living alone. I had to go to work and left mum unpacking for me. When I got in that evening, as I pulled up outside I saw Mr Darcy sitting on the windowsill, as if he had always lived their, and instantly I felt at ease. Mr Darcy was there so that was home.

Losing Mr Darcy, so quickly and to such an evil disease has knocked every ounce of stuffing out of me. I don't know how I will come back from this and life will never be the same again.

Mr Darcy is an infamous cat. His extraordinarily clumsy ways and human eyes have made him a favourite with many people. The tributes on my Facebook have overwhelmed me. He was eccentric and extraordinary. There is no other way to describe him.

For all the pain I have felt, if you asked me if I would have taken that scrawny kitten home , given the chance to do it all again, I would say a resounding yes. In a heart beat. Mr Darcy has given me so much in my life. The least I could do was let him go peacefully. I will love him eternally. I alwasy said, I wish he would turn into a man, because he was the most perfect gentleman I have ever met. I love you Darcy. May Flights Of Angels Take You To Your Rest.

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #129 on: August 01, 2009, 12:57:22 PM »
Im so sorry hun  :hug:

Goodnight Mr Darcy xxx
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #128 on: August 01, 2009, 11:34:59 AM »
Yvonne is right but also one has to go through the whole greiving process to come out the other end, and that time can vary in every person. Until you go through each stage greiving is not complete.

Its something that happens naturally and you cant speed it up but you can slow it down by tyrying to forget things.

Its early days for you at present  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #127 on: August 01, 2009, 10:57:19 AM »
We go through it because we are caring people if we were not caring people we would not go through it.  Try to think of the good times  -  Mr. Darcy would not want you to be unhappy.

Take care   :hug: :hug:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!

Offline woodlandcats

• Hero Cat
« Reply #126 on: August 01, 2009, 10:53:04 AM »
It was like a normal saturday morning today, going to the supermarket and the garden center...
Except, I went to the garden center for flowering plants for my darling's grave  :'(
I'm sitting here, numb. My husband is away till late, I feel very alone.
Take my dogs out for a walk later, that is always my best cure for grief.
O girls, why do we have to go through all this?
Every life should have 9 cats

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #125 on: August 01, 2009, 10:43:36 AM »
I can relate to that feeling hun, I'm trying to fill my day with normal stuff just to make it go a bit quicker!  Going out for a run in a minute, need to clear my head, if feels so muzzy xxxxxxx

Why not try going for a really brisk walk xxx

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline cats_whiskas

• Adult Cat
« Reply #124 on: August 01, 2009, 09:56:55 AM »
I just feel like an empty shell, walking round with everything missing :(

Offline ChrisB

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Bubbles, Cleo, Daisy and Ellie
« Reply #123 on: July 31, 2009, 22:42:33 PM »
I am so sorry that Mr Darcy has gone to Rainbow Bridge, a beautiful boy, my thoughts are with you, X
Unconditional love is hard to find unless you have a cat

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #122 on: July 31, 2009, 21:48:50 PM »
Charlotte please accept me sincere condolences for your loss.  I can't begin to imagine what you are feeling at the moment but we are all here for you ... if you need a cyber shoulder to cry on there are plenty of them here and even though we may not all have gone through "loss" we all understand what it means to love and be loved by a furry purrie.

RIP Mr Darcy ... free from pain little man.  Your Mummy loved you so much and is missing you so badly .... play hard until you meet up again.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 22:44:09 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
« Reply #121 on: July 31, 2009, 21:35:43 PM »
So very sorry to hear this

:RIP:  Mr. Darcy
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #120 on: July 31, 2009, 21:28:51 PM »
RIP Mr Darcy.

So sorry for your loss.  :hug:

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #119 on: July 31, 2009, 20:38:01 PM »
RIP Mr Darcy play hard with my Sofa and Vesti on the bridge x

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #118 on: July 31, 2009, 18:14:50 PM »
NOT MR DARCY ASWELL ?! (just written on the thread for Max)

OMG I'M SO SORRY.....DAM THIS  :censored: CANCER

I AM SORRY....PLEASE STAY WITH US AND WE WILL TRY AND COMFORT YOU THE BEST WE CAN.

RIP MR DARCY xxx

Offline woodlandcats

• Hero Cat
« Reply #117 on: July 31, 2009, 17:29:45 PM »
our darlings went to the bridge together, I'm in tears now.
Last year I lost my cat on the same day a friend burried hers.
My god why, just why???
What can I say, I feel just as broken as you do...

Every life should have 9 cats

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2009, 17:09:48 PM »
So much sadness at the moment. :( RIP Mr Darcy.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #115 on: July 31, 2009, 08:43:43 AM »
so sorry cw, but what Mark said is so true  :hug:

Offline cats_whiskas

• Adult Cat
« Reply #114 on: July 31, 2009, 07:01:21 AM »
Thankyou everyone - Tiigy's Mum, that is beautiful x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #113 on: July 31, 2009, 00:15:58 AM »
So sorry to hear about Mr Darcy :hug:

RIP Mr Darcy, safe and sound at the Bridge until your Mum & Dad are ready to collect you xx

The Greatest Gift

I always knew this time would come,
From the very instant our eyes first met.
How I loved you then! How I love you now!
I made a promise then, and I will keep that promise now...
You will not suffer from a pain that will not heal;
You will not know the loss of a life remembered, now gone.

It is for me alone to make this decision,
The price for the bright joy and pure laughter
You brought me during the time we shared.
I am the only one who can decide when it is time.
When my hope dies, and my fear rides high,
Just when I need you most, I must let you go.

It is for you alone to tell me when you are ready
For without your guidance, I will not know
When to lay my grief, my guilt, my anger
My sorrow and my selfish heart aside
And give you this last gift, this greatest gift.
Your eyes will speak to mine, and I will know.

The pain of this moment is excruciating.
Tears stream down my face in a river of sorrow.
And my heart drowns in a pool of grief.
For you have spoken and I have listened,
And unlike other decisions I have made
This one brings no relief...no comfort...no peace.

For if there´s one thing you´ve taught me,
If there´s only one thing I´ve learned...
Unconditional love has a condition after all,
I must be willing to let you go, when you speak to me
I must be willing to help you go, if you cannot go alone.
And I must accept my pain so you can be free of yours.

Go easily now, go quickly now,
Do not linger here, it is time for you to leave.
Go find your strength, go find your youth.
Go find the ones who've gone before you.
You are free to leave me now, free to let your spirit soar
Rest easy now, your pain will soon be gone.

I pray I will find comfort in my memories...
In the dark and lonely days ahead.
I cannot say I will not miss you, I cannot say I will not cry.
For only my tears can heal my broken heart.
But, I promise you this; as long as I live,
You will live, alive in my mind, forever in my heart.

So I give you this last gift, all I have left to give,
And this will be my greatest gift...sending you away.
It is the measure of my unconditional love...
For only the greatest love can say,
"Good-bye, go find the bridge, we'll meet again,
Loving you has been the greatest gift of all."

Forever and Always... Until Rainbow bridge....

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #112 on: July 30, 2009, 22:56:31 PM »
Im so sorry to hear Mr Darcy lost his battle and i know you must be hurting so badly, but you did the kindest most loving thing you could and let him go with dignity :Luv2: and you have all your treasured memories which when the hurt abates a little bit will comfort you, RIP Mr Darcy,  xxx :Luv:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #111 on: July 30, 2009, 22:42:58 PM »
I am so sorry, i know what you are going through :hug: :hug:
I lost my Phoebe last thursday and Boy one month ago and its so hard. You loved him so much and let him go with dignity. :hug:
RIP Mr Darcy.xx

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #110 on: July 30, 2009, 22:41:19 PM »
So sorry to hear about Mr Darcy  :hug:

Offline cats_whiskas

• Adult Cat
« Reply #109 on: July 30, 2009, 22:32:54 PM »
So sorry, I lost my first beloved cat, Smudge to this form of cancer. :'(

God Bless Mr Darcy...
another star will be shining in the Heavens tonight.

Thankyou so much. So sorry to hear you lost Smudge. Did his cancer advance as rapidly as Mr Darcy's?

Offline Jasmine

• Hero Cat
« Reply #108 on: July 30, 2009, 22:30:23 PM »
So sorry, I lost my first beloved cat, Smudge to this form of cancer. :'(

God Bless Mr Darcy...
another star will be shining in the Heavens tonight.

Offline cats_whiskas

• Adult Cat
« Reply #107 on: July 30, 2009, 22:00:53 PM »
So sorry CW - the best explanation I have heard is that in doing this for him, you have taken on his pain :hug:

If you feel that it might help talking to a stranger, The Blue Cross have a bereavement support line. Nothinf can bring your boy back but they may be able to help you cope with the grief better http://www.thebluecross.org.uk/web/site/AboutUs/PetBereavement/PBSSIntro.asp

I feel like a light bulb has gone on...... this is such an amazing analogy. Thankyou so much x

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #106 on: July 30, 2009, 21:32:15 PM »
So sorry CW - the best explanation I have heard is that in doing this for him, you have taken on his pain :hug:

If you feel that it might help talking to a stranger, The Blue Cross have a bereavement support line. Nothinf can bring your boy back but they may be able to help you cope with the grief better http://www.thebluecross.org.uk/web/site/AboutUs/PetBereavement/PBSSIntro.asp
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline ginge66

• Distinguished Cat
  • Nigel R.I.P, 1989-2007
« Reply #105 on: July 30, 2009, 21:28:55 PM »
So very very sorry :( I feel for you RIP Mr Darcy  :hug: :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP