Author Topic: Bite-not collar - alternative to lampshade. Now only available from USA  (Read 4082 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Probably good for dogs but even the smallest one is far too big for a cat. The smallest is 7" but the Bite-nots are 2.5" for cats unde 10lb or 3" for cats over 10lb.

Bitenot are measuring differently though Mark, 2.5 inches is the height of the collar - not circumference.  These inflatable ones are measuring the circumference like you would a normal collar.  VetUK sell the extra small ones (7-9") which are cat sized. Thanks for linking to these Debsy, they are loads cheaper than a Bitenot and actually available in the UK. 

There was a post the other day where someone's cat was getting the Elizabethan collar off, I was going to say about Bite-Not but knew you couldn't get them in the UK anymore.  Will find the post and link to this thread  :)

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
You can get the blow up ones for cats though- just not 100% sure where! I hadn't checked the sizes on vet uk. I know they do them though cause they are now using the blow up ones at the NCC instead of the normal buster collars and the manager of the adoption centre said they are great and much nicer for the cats. Next time I am there I shall ask where you get them.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Probably good for dogs but even the smallest one is far too big for a cat. The smallest is 7" but the Bite-nots are 2.5" for cats unde 10lb or 3" for cats over 10lb.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
I think the blow up ones are much better than the usual buster collars. Much more comfortable.
http://www.vetuk.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=141_438&products_id=2535

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Bite-not collar - alternative to lampshade. Now only available from USA
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 10:31:52 AM »
I contacted them to ask if there was anywhere else in the UK that sells them as the arnoldsdirect link is dead. I got a reply from the owner saying that there is nowhere in the UK but they can be ordered direct from http://www.petedge.com/Bite-Not-Cat-Collar-ZX288.pro - I bet the shipping is high  :tired: She agreed that there is a market in the UK for owners as well as veterinary. I am sure she has tried to find a distributor without any luck.

They are no good for protecting eyes or ears http://www.bitenot.com/

I am sure with the right marketing, a company like vetuk could do really well with these?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 10:35:23 AM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat